THE STORY OF 2000TREES
WHO ARE WE?
2000trees is a 15,000 capacity music festival set in the rolling Cotswold Hills. You’ll get 3 nights camping and a friendly, intimate atmosphere – plus amazing food and locally produced ciders, ales & lagers.
Founded in October 2006, 2000trees was created by 6 music fans tired of overpriced mainstream events that care more about profits than people. Music festival veterans themselves after attending all the main industry events over a decade, James, Rob, Andy, Brendan, Mark and Si decided that they could do it better themselves.
Even after 13 years we are still a proudly independent business. We are still just 6 music-loving guys who want to put on an amazing festival and party with like-minded individuals. Over the years, 2000trees has grown to be an incredibly strong community, which we often refer to as our festival family, and we are lucky enough to see the same faces returning to work hard & party hard with us each and every July.
“Often the best small festivals spring from an organic labour of love and a long-time dream which has been shared by thousands more. These festivals should be celebrated, not just for the courage, vision, commitment and often personal sacrifice invested by their organisers, but also because they never forget where they’ve come from, supporting their local communities and new music along the way while retaining an independent spirit and resisting commercial saturation. All hail the grass roots festivals and their creators!” (UK Festival Awards, 2013)
WHAT ARE WE ALL ABOUT?
2000trees is all about the music. We’ll give you more than 120 of the absolute best new and underground acts from the worlds of rock and indie, plus some more established acts to close out the night.
WANT TO CHECK OUT OUR PREVIOUS LINE-UPS?
THE UK FESTIVAL AWARDS
– Winner of ‘Best Medium Festival’ – UK Festival Awards 2018
– ‘Supporter of Emerging Talent’ Champion – Association of Independent Festivals Awards, 2014
– Winner of the “Grass Roots Festival” award – UK Festival Awards, 2010, 2013 & 2017
– Short-listed for Best Small Festival – UK Festival Awards, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
– Finalist in the Fans’ Favourite Festival – UK Festival Awards, 2011
– “Britain’s Coolest Festival” (Kerrang! Magazine 2018)
– “The UK’s coolest independent festival” (Total Guitar)
– “The ‘anti mainstream festival’ you should go to” – (Metro)
– “It is, and always has been, a place where music is champion” – (Upset)
– “A magnificent weekend” (Rock Sound)
– “Diverse, intense, challenging, and down-right incredible music. truly extraordinary, long may it continue” (The Independent)
– “The best festival in the UK – and that’s not going to change any time soon” (Stereoboard)
– “2000trees lives up to all the promises, it was the most pleasurable of festivals. fantastic festival and atmosphere” (Summer Festival Guide)
– “Top 10 small festivals” (The Guardian)
– “A festival set up by festival lovers for festival revellers… it might be small but it packs a punch.” (Virtual Festivals)
– “My favourite UK festival” (Frank Turner)