We’re stocked to announce that our friends over at FlightNetwork have been kind enough to put us in the top 9 music festivals in the UK. Read the article below the find out who else made the cut.
Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Welcome to 2000 Trees – Greatest (small) festival in the world. Upon entering you’ll most likely run into some familiar faces you might’ve met through your local music scene, or you might see someone from a band you like strolling to catch some music on one of the many stages, or maybe they’re just popping to that beautiful wood fired pizza place next to The Cave.
We’ve played here a few times and it holds a special place in our collective band heart. The open mindedness and enthusiasm for music is what makes this festival and its community so special. This year we got to dance together at our full set on the Axiom Stage and we got to cry together at our acoustic set on the Forest Stage. Both sets were special and an honour to have played.
We got the chance to see some of our good friends: Arcane Roots, Black Peaks, Boston Manor, Dream State, Vukovi, Bad Sign, Chapter and Verse, Holding Absence, Shvpes and Haggard cat. All of which were amazing.
We also got to see some new bands which blew us away, specifically: Blood Command, Nervus, Brutus and Phoxjaw.
Of course, all the headliners we’re amazing and Enter Shikari ended the festival in a spectacular fashion.
2000 Trees is a festival that always sends you away with some homework to do. Inevitably as you float from stage to stage, you’ll hear music which piques your interest from a band you’ve not listened to before. Or maybe, as you’ll explain to your friends, you’ve heard OF them but never HEARD them. Either way, you’ll be coming home with a list of new favourite bands and a whole lot of listening to do.
Word to the wise… 2000trees is 100% cashless, there will be no cash machines this year, so to make sure you have the best time ever, please read this news post in full & register for a cashless account before you get to the festival.
We have banished cash from 2000trees & introduced the PlayPass Cashless system. Instead of paying for drinks, food or merch with cash, you now just need to load your money onto your RFID wristbands & zap these to pay for stuff.
It’s faster, cheaper & easier than getting cash onsite & the best thing is, you can’t lose the money in your pockets because now it’s attached to your wristband.
It doesn’t need wifi to allow payments so being in a festival field won’t be a problem. As long as you register your account, preload some money onto your wristband & select Auto Top Up you won’t have to queue to access your cash on arrival.
You can go straight to the bar or your favourite food stall and get on with the serious business of partying!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW?
If you’ve already got your ticket, you can register with PlayPass from May 10th. Then simply link your ticket barcode number to your PlayPass account & load it up with some cash.
To allay any concerns you may (or may not) have please read on for a few responses to some questions raised in the past…
Why are you doing this?
1) Mainly because it’s faster, safer & easier for everyone concerned. That includes you, our esteemed guests, bars, food traders & our stall holders. It worked brilliantly in 2018 and we were overwhelmed with the positive responses.
Cash may seem easy to the person spending it, but it’s a right royal pain in the proverbials for us, our bars & our traders. Firstly you have to get floats from the bank (who charge you through the nose). All those coins required for change literally weigh a ton & then there’s the risk of the money going missing/ stolen. All of these headaches are removed with cashless. But it’s also quicker, safer & easier for you guys.
What’s wrong with cash?
2) Cashless is simply safer than carrying cash for everyone on site. If you lose your cash on the high street, it’s gone for good. If you lose your wristband at 2000trees, simply tell one of our Top Up station staff ASAP & they’ll immediately cancel your old wristband and give you a new one with the balance you had remaining on your lost wristband. Surely that’s got to be better than being stranded with zero cash?
Is it cashless everywhere?
3) The whole site will be cashless, (except if you really want to Top Up your wristband with cash at a Top Up station). There will be Top Up stations dotted around the site. There will not be cash machines this year.
Silent disco deposits cashless?
4) Yep! Just like the old days, pay a £10 deposit with your wristband, then get the money back to your wristband when you return the headsets. Any money left over at the end of the festival can be claimed back as a refund straight to your bank account, more on this later on.
Will there still be lockers & phone charging?
Rumours of cashless not working at other events.
6) AKA The Download 2015 question. Ours is a completely different system to the one used at Download in 2015 & you may have noticed 2000trees is a little bit smaller. Also that was 4 years ago and technology in general has developed a lot since then, particularly regarding cashless systems.
Cashless festivals are now very much the norm in the world, and we are convinced that using this widespread technology will result in a better festival experience for everyone.
The Playpass system does not have any single point of failure. It will sync across the site with all the traders/ bars & what’s more wifi is not required to spend money. If you need to top up your wristband over the weekend, there will be Top Up stations, all of which have their own dedicated (private) wifi network. We’re confident that this dedicated cashless wifi network will work uninterrupted all weekend because it has already proven to be reliable at 2000trees last year. Yes, the public wifi sometimes struggles with the weight of traffic, but this is why we also have a private network for cashless.
The public wifi can be used to top up with your phone in a wifi area if you so wish.
However if you select Auto Top Up now, you won’t have to worry about finding a Top Up station or wifi, it will automatically top up when your wristband gets low. It simply tops up, by the amount you pre-selected on registration, the next time you try to pay for something.
Topping up with cash or cards on site?
8) Yes you can top up with cash or cards at a Top Up station. But why would you want to queue to do that, when you can do it in advance? Preload your account now, select Auto Top Up then you don’t have to worry about topping up once you’re on site.
What about refunds?
9) No problem! You can get all your unspent money refunded, by clicking on the playpass link which we’ll send out after the festival. Yes there’s a £1 charge to do this. This is because humans need to process these refunds & unfortnately humans cost money. You will be able to request a refund from the Tuesday after 2000trees until 31st July 2019. To get the unspent money back it’s really important that you keep your wristband, or take a note of the number printed on the back of it – you need to enter this in to the web portal so your wristband (and therefore the money left on it) can be identified. PLEASE DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR WRISTBAND BEFORE YOU CLAIM YOUR MONEY BACK OR MAKING A NOTE OF THE WRISTBAND NUMBER, OTHERWISE YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
10) Yep, you got it! It really helps to take the strain off the top-up stations, and therefore keep queues to a minimum, if as many people as possible add money to their wristbands before arriving at the festival. It makes everyone’s experience better, so we want to give you a nudge in the right direction and give you a few beers on us for helping out. Therefore , everyone who tops up £100 or more pre-event will get 10% of the amount they add to their account as free additional spending money*, on us, or a merch bundle worth £35 if you top up £250.
In all seriousness, we massively appreciate how much you love 2000trees & the last thing we want to do is upset even a single one of you. That said, we’re super confident that this will revolutionise festivals of the future & we’re super duper confident that it will be a massive success at 2000trees, otherwise we wouldn’t have signed up for it.
Our final bit of advice is…
1) Register now (link below)
2) Put some money on your account before the festival &
3) Select Auto Top Up so you won’t need to worry about topping up or running out of cash.
This way you won’t have to queue at a Top Up station & you can just keep the party in full swing all weekend long.
Any other questions please feel free to hit reply to this email & we’ll try and help you out.
See here for more in depth FAQs
Pay attention Bond… 2000trees is going completely cashless this year & to make sure you have the best time ever, please read this news post in full & register for a cashless account before you get to the festival, If you read all the way to the end & follow the insructions you can even win FREE SPENDING MONEY all weekend at 2000trees! WOOO!
WHAT’S CASHLESS PRECIOUS?
This year we’re getting rid of cash at 2000trees & using the PlayPass Cashless system.
Instead of paying for drinks, food or merch with cash, you now just need to load your money onto your RFID wristbands & zap these to pay for stuff.
It’s quicker, cheaper & easier than getting cash onsite & the best thing is, you can’t lose the money in your pockets because now it’s attached to your wristband.
It doesn’t need wifi to allow payments so being in a festival field won’t be a problem.
As long as you register your account, preload some money onto your wristband & select Auto Top Up you won’t have to queue to access your cash on arrival.
You can go straight to the bar or your favourite food stall and get on with the serious business of partying
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW?
If you’ve already got your ticket, you now need to register with PlayPass. Then simply link your ticket barcode number to your PlayPass account & load it up with some cash. IMPORTANT – Make sure you select Auto Top Up (optional but recommended) & that way whenever you run low of funds at the festival it will automatically Top Up with the amount you select.
This way you never have to worry about running out of cash or having to visit the cash point.
YEAH YEAH, BUT HOW DO I WIN FREE MONEY?
Register today & you could get the following benefits….
- Preload your wristband with £150 and set up AutoTop up & we’ll give you an extra £15 free. (Minimum £10 auto top up).
- Preload your wristband with £100 and set up AutoTop up & we’ll give you an extra £10 free. (Minimum £10 auto top up).
Preload your wristband with a minimum of £20 & set up Auto TopUp before June 10th & you will be entered into the prize draw to win free spending money all weekend.*
Winner will be notified by email after June 10th
*Competition prize of free spending money all weekend is limited to a maximum spend of £100 per day. This does not apply to anyone else spending their own hard earned money. You are of course welcome to buy as many beers & burritos as you like. We’re not here to judge 🙂
We need experienced bar staff to volunteer at 2000trees & pull some pints for our thirsty festival goers!
We are offering the usual deal of one eight hour bar shift in exchange for a festival ticket (worth £95).
Share the poster below & you could win £50 in beer! (Details below)
Today we’ve added 33 new bands to our line up! Give a big 2000trees welcome to…
Mallory Knox, The Xcerts, Counterfeit, Arcane Roots, Animals As Leaders, Yuck, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Black Peaks, Creeper, Milk Teeth, The Magic Gang, Recreations, Grumble Bee, Tired Lion, Blackhole, Brawlers, Zoax, WACO, Demob Happy, Reigning Days, Dave McPherson, The St. Pierre Snake Invasion, The Spills, LIFE, Puppy, Idles, Then Thickens, NARCS, She Makes War, Armchair Committee, Andy Oliveri and The Mountaineers, Thrill Collins, Bare Knuckle Parade.
Tickets are absolutely flying this year, so make sure you grab yours asap!
If you want to come on our Thursday Early Entry night then we suggest you buy tickets TODAY! You don’t want to miss The Bronx, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Xcerts, Black Peaks & loads more do you?!
3-day tickets will sell out in the next couple of weeks we reckon.
There are 3 x £50 beer tabs to be won – Share the poster & then enter your details here before Friday & 3 people will be picked at random.
The winners from last month’s competition are…
We’ll be in touch shortly with details on how you can claim your beer!
We’re über excited to welcome 15 more amazing bands to 2000trees this July… including Neck Deep, Basement, The King Blues, The Bronx & heaps more
The King Blues
Lonely The Brave
We Were Promised Jetpacks
Press To Meco
The Ghost Riders In The Sky
Don’t forget to grab your tickets ASAP.
You’ve only got 52 weekends a year, make sure 7th-9th July counts!
There are 3 x £50 beer tabs to be won – Share poster below by clicking the poster & then enter your details here before Friday & 3 people will be picked at random.
The winners from last week’s competition are…
We’ll be in touch shortly with details on how you can claim your prize!
We’re totes happy to announce that joining Deaf Havana this July 9th-11th are…
The Xcerts, We Were Promised Jetpacks, The Twilight Sad, Turbowolf, The Amazing Snakeheads, Feed the Rhino, Jonah Matranga, Tellison and LOADS LOADS more.
Check out our amazing line up poster below & visit our line up page where you can listen to all the amazing bands announced so far. Go find your new favourite band!
Get your tickets here NOW & make sure you don’t miss out on what promises to be another sell out slice of summer fun!
You’ve only got 52 weekends a year, make sure 9th-11th July counts.