Check out what happened last July, or click on the headings below for information on every aspect of 2000trees Festival. If you’ve still got questions you can head to our Frequently Asked Questions page here.
Check out what happened last July, or click on the headings below for information on every aspect of 2000trees Festival. If you’ve still got questions you can head to our Frequently Asked Questions page here.
The multi award winning 2000trees is a 15,000 capacity music festival set in the rolling Cotswold Hills. You’ll get 3 nights camping and a friendly, intimate atmosphere – plus amazing food and locally produced ciders, ales & lagers.
2000trees is all about the music. We’ll give you more than 120 of the absolute best new and underground acts from the worlds of rock and indie, plus some more established acts to close out the night. Previous bands that have played 2000trees include Enter Shikari, Frank Turner, At The Drive In, Twin Atlantic, Frightened Rabbit, Slaves, Nothing But Thieves, Blood Red Shoes, Band of Skulls, The Bronx, Wolf Alice, Public Service Broadcasting, 65daysofstatic, Lower Than Atlantis, And So I Watch You From Afar, Future of the Left, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip and Hundred Reasons. For details of past line ups take a look at the following links:- 2018 / 2017 / 2016 / 2015 / 2014 / 2013 / 2012 / 2011 / 2010 / 2009 / 2008 / 2007
– “Britain’s Coolest Festival” (Kerrang! Magazine 2018)
– “The UK’s coolest independent festival” (Total Guitar)
– “The ‘anti mainstream festival’ you should go to” – (Metro)
– “It is, and always has been, a place where music is champion” – (Upset)
– “A magnificent weekend” (Rock Sound)
– “Diverse, intense, challenging, and down-right incredible music. truly extraordinary, long may it continue” (The Independent)
– “The best festival in the UK – and that’s not going to change any time soon” (Stereoboard)
– “2000trees lives up to all the promises, it was the most pleasurable of festivals. fantastic festival and atmosphere” (Summer Festival Guide)
– “Top 10 small festivals” (The Guardian)
– “A festival set up by festival lovers for festival revellers… it might be small but it packs a punch.” (Virtual Festivals)
– “The most music-focused festival” (Itch, The King Blues)
– “My favourite UK festival” (Frank Turner)
Here’s what some of our fans had to say recently on Twitter…
– @2000trees I was in the Hundred Reasons pit with the organisers. When was the last time you saw Eavis or Benn in the pit. Didn’t think so
– @2000trees The only festival you can sleep with a white Russian and wake up smelling like a badgers bottom ;p
– @2000trees is the Christmas of festivals- it comes around once a year, there’s loud music and everyone’s drunk by lunch time
– @2000trees A festi called trees really is the bees knees, there’s lots of beer n music 2 hear, it’s by far the best part of my year
– @2000trees Friend Makin’, Leaf Loungin’, Cider Drinkin’, New Bandin’, Cave Dwellin’, Main Stagin’, Fun Lovin’, Greenhousin’
THE UK FESTIVAL AWARDS
– Winner of ‘Best Medium Festival’ – UK Festival Awards 2018
– ‘Supporter of Emerging Talent’ Champion – Association of Independent Festivals Awards, 2014
– Winner of the “Grass Roots Festival” award – UK Festival Awards, 2010, 2013 & 2017
– Short-listed for Best Small Festival – UK Festival Awards, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017
– Finalist in the Fans’ Favourite Festival – UK Festival Awards, 2011
Founded in October 2006, 2000trees was created by 6 music fans tired of overpriced mainstream events that care more about profits than people. Music festival veterans themselves after attending all the main industry events over a decade, James, Rob, Andy, Brendan, Mark and Si decided that they could do it better themselves.
None of the 6 had any industry experience, simply a passion for music and the desire to create a dynamic, energetic and accessible event that put the festival-goer at the top of their priority list.
“Often the best small festivals spring from an organic labour of love and a long-time dream which has been shared by thousands more. These festivals should be celebrated, not just for the courage, vision, commitment and often personal sacrifice invested by their organisers, but also because they never forget where they’ve come from, supporting their local communities and new music along the way while retaining an independent spirit and resisting commercial saturation. All hail the grass roots festivals and their creators!” (UK Festival Awards, 2013)
Upcote Farm, Withington, Cheltenham, Glos, GL54 4BL.
The Big Green Coach Shuttle Bus
We are delighted to be working with Big Green Coach again as our Official Travel Partner.
This year Big Green Coach will be running national coach services from both LONDON and BRISTOL.
Coaches arrive on site on Thursday in time to find the perfect camping spot and will take you home on Sunday morning when all the action is over. Dropping you right inside the festival, no one gets you closer.
Party hard all weekend, no need to worry about the drive home on Sunday morning!
LONDON VICTORIA – Seats £45 return
BRISTOL – Seats £25 return
Travelling by coach means less congestion on the roads around site and lowers the overall emissions of 2000 Trees. PLUS Big Green Coach work with Cool Earth to protect 5 square ft. of rainforest for EVERY customer that travels with them, for 10 years! Travel Green. Big Green.
They will also be running a shuttle bus service from Cheltenham Spa train station to and from the festival site.
Shuttle Buses operate on the following days and times:
Thursday 9th July:
Departures every 20 minutes FROM CHELTENHAM SPA TRAIN STATION
First departure: 0830 (08.30am)
Last departure: 1530 (3.30pm)
Sunday 12th July:
Frequent departures all morning FROM THE FESTIVAL
First departure: 0845 (8.45am)
Last departure: 1200 (12.00pm)
Online advance fares; return £14
On the day fares: return £15; single £10
2000trees is continuing our work with Attitude is Everything after achieving a bronze award and will continue to make our site as accessible as possible. Below we have outlined the available facilities at our festival but if you have any further questions then please don’t hesitate to email us at: email@example.com or write to us at:
2000trees Access Information
45 Underdale Road
Click on link below to download the access information:
Large print available below:
Broadly rectangular in shape, the site is 500m at its longest point with the Main arena, Main stage, Neu stage at bottom end and the accessible camping in the centre. Two large music tents (The Cave & The Axiom) are situated in the centre of the site. The Forest Sessions stage, and chill out areas are found towards the top end of the site.
Approximate distances from accessible campsite to:
Main stage – 250m (includes viewing platform)
The Cave tent – 135m (includes viewing platform)
The Axiom tent – 50m (includes viewing platform)
The Neu tent – 200m
The site is based on a sheep farm and as such the majority of the site is a field without solid road ways.
Site opening times:
Thursday 9th July 09.00 – 23.00
Friday 10th July 08.00 – 23.00
Saturday 11th July 08.00 – 19.00
Bookable access facilities
2:1 tickets for personal assistants:
A free ticket for a personal assistant is available to any deaf or disabled person who would be unable to attend without their presence and who has bought their own ticket.
We have three viewing platforms available. One is situated at the Main Arena, one at the The Cave tent and one at the Axiom tent. Access to these platforms will only be granted to people wearing a viewing platform wristband. You will also receive a lanyard to allow one companion access along with you.
Accessible camping is situated just inside the main pedestrian entrance which is the centre of the site with close proximity to facilities. An accessible toilet will be in this campsite. There are no showers on site. A 24-hour level access charging point for power chair batteries will be located in the Wristband Exchange (main entrance tent) 10m from the accessible campsite. Information during the festival will available from the same tent.
If you require access for a specific vehicle that is your only means of transport we will review on a case by case basis. Please email us to discuss at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistance with luggage is available upon request at arrival.
Event Mobility is delighted to be providing electric scooters and manual wheelchairs for the use of disabled, elderly and mobility impaired visitors at the show.
To reserve an electric scooter or manual wheelchair please book online at www.eventmobility.org.uk or download the advance booking form from here: 2019 Advance Booking Form Print and send it to Eventmobility, 3 Racecourse Road, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 2EY
How to apply:
To apply for the 2:1 tickets and to request a viewing platform wristband or place in the accessible campsite, you will need to do the following:
– Purchase a standard ticket from our website
– Fill out the Access requirement form and email to email@example.com with the subject title: Access requirement form. (A physical document is available on request)
– We will then issue the 2:1 ticket to you manually.
– Upon entrance you will just need to bring your Etickets.
Customers making use of the 2:1 scheme and access facilities on site should proceed directly to the ‘Guest list’ queue at the Wristband Exchange (main entrance tent) to get their wristbands, passes and assistance upon arrival.
Blue Badge parking spaces do not need to be pre-booked. Upon arrival at 2000trees please show your Blue Badge to a member of the car parking team and they will direct you to the correct spot. Blue Badge parking is directly outside the main pedestrian entrance.
Check-in – 100m or less
Accessible campsite – 110m or less
Accessible toilets are available at all major points around the site:
1. Access camping. (Centre of site)
2. Main Arena. (Bottom of site)
3. The Axiom stage. (Centre of site)
4. The Cave Stage. (Centre of site)
Main Stage viewing platform – toilet = 50m
The Cave tent viewing platform – toilet = 30m
(We are currently in the process of arranging Accessible toilets to be available directly by viewing platform. Moreinfo to follow)
Strobe lighting may be used at any time during the festival.
Assistance dogs are welcome at 2000trees. Please let us know if you intend to bring an assistance dog using the Access requirement form.
A refrigerator will be available for medications located with our First Aid provider in the centre of the site.
All medicine must be clearly labelled including the owners full name & telephone number.
Medication is left at the owners risk and must be collected before the site closes at 12midday on Sunday.
A little luxury goes a long way at a festival as lively as 2000trees. We know how much you like to party, so a well-earned rest could be just the ticket!
We’ve got perfectly pre-pitched, beautiful bell and versatile vintage tents to suit all tastes and budgets, leaving you free to enjoy fun times with friends and family in a relaxing, stylish and boutique camping environment.
(You will also need to purchase your festival ticket from us)
Tangerine Fields is every festival campers’ dream.
Come rain or shine, there’s no need to faff about with old pegs and dodgy poles. This unique, boutique selection of fully equipped, spacious tents will leave you spoilt for choice when looking for the ultimate glamping experience.
Choose from sumptuous luxury in the Arabian Bedouin Tent or contemporary comfort with the Cosy Cube, while Chill Out Tents provide a great space to relax in, with Brazilian soft weaved hammocks.
Bright, airy and affordable, the range of tents house families of up to 8 people with plenty of room spare to store all your weekend essentials. And for those that like to travel light, we can fill the tent for you with all the kit you need, from airbeds to head torches. There’s even one with BlackOut bedroom technology for those that like to sleep in the morning!
Better still, we’ll ensure you’re pitched with your friends no matter how big your group or how late they arrive to the festival. With prices starting from £30 per person for the whole event, a booking with Tangerine Fields means all you have to do is turn up, move in and enjoy the festival.
Visit www.tangerinefields.co.uk for more information and bookings.
Karma Canvas Bell Tents
Offering beautiful, 4, 5 & 6 metre cotton canvas bell tents for hire – the perfect way to sleep under the stars at 2000trees.
Each tent will be finely furnished with comfy queen/ single air mattresses, coir matting, a table and fairy lights, creating real camping chic.
Vintents’ collection of upcycled vintage tents is sure to make your camping experience stand out. Each tent is unique and bursting with colour and funky patterns. With Classic, Luxury & Deluxe packages available they’ve got something for everyone.
Each tent is full standing height throughout with a living area and separate cotton canopied sleeping compartments, making them the perfect mix of practical and comfy. Arrive to a freshly made bed in style with a warm reception from a friendly team.
Find out more here http://www.vintents.co.uk/2000-trees-festival/
In 2020 we’re refreshing our VIP offering to bring you more premium perks than ever before. These include…
-Transport for you and your baggage to the campsite
-New and improved backstage bar with food stalls, comfy seating, exclusive offerings and table service
-A goody bag packed with exclusive merchandise
-A glass of bubbly upon arrival
-Pampering tent with full length mirrors, power points, glitter artists and more
-Priority access to signing sessions in the Official Merch tent
-Discount on selected merch items
-A concierge team at your disposal to make recommendations, give directions, answer any questions you may have and provide free coffee, pastries and fresh fruit to help get your day off to the best possible start
To report a lost item please click on the following link: Lost Property
Word to the wise… 2000trees is 100% cashless, there will be no cash machines this year, so to make sure you have the best time ever, please read this news post in full & register for a cashless account before you get to the festival.
We have banished cash from 2000trees & introduced the PlayPass Cashless system. Instead of paying for drinks, food or merch with cash, you now just need to load your money onto your RFID wristbands & zap these to pay for stuff.
It’s faster, cheaper & easier than getting cash onsite & the best thing is, you can’t lose the money in your pockets because now it’s attached to your wristband.
It doesn’t need wifi to allow payments so being in a festival field won’t be a problem. As long as you register your account, preload some money onto your wristband & select Auto Top Up you won’t have to queue to access your cash on arrival.
You can go straight to the bar or your favourite food stall and get on with the serious business of partying!
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW?
If you’ve already got your ticket, you can register with PlayPass from May 10th. Then simply link your ticket barcode number to your PlayPass account & load it up with some cash.
To allay any concerns you may (or may not) have please read on for a few responses to some questions raised in the past…
Why are you doing this?
1) Mainly because it’s faster, safer & easier for everyone concerned. That includes you, our esteemed guests, bars, food traders & our stall holders. It worked brilliantly in 2018 and we were overwhelmed with the positive responses.
Cash may seem easy to the person spending it, but it’s a right royal pain in the proverbials for us, our bars & our traders. Firstly you have to get floats from the bank (who charge you through the nose). All those coins required for change literally weigh a ton & then there’s the risk of the money going missing/ stolen. All of these headaches are removed with cashless. But it’s also quicker, safer & easier for you guys.
What’s wrong with cash?
2) Cashless is simply safer than carrying cash for everyone on site. If you lose your cash on the high street, it’s gone for good. If you lose your wristband at 2000trees, simply tell one of our Top Up station staff ASAP & they’ll immediately cancel your old wristband and give you a new one with the balance you had remaining on your lost wristband. Surely that’s got to be better than being stranded with zero cash?
Is it cashless everywhere?
3) The whole site will be cashless, (except if you really want to Top Up your wristband with cash at a Top Up station). There will be Top Up stations dotted around the site. There will not be cash machines this year.
Silent disco deposits cashless?
4) Yep! Just like the old days, pay a £10 deposit with your wristband, then get the money back to your wristband when you return the headsets. Any money left over at the end of the festival can be claimed back as a refund straight to your bank account, more on this later on.
Will there still be lockers & phone charging?
Rumours of cashless not working at other events.
6) AKA The Download 2015 question. Ours is a completely different system to the one used at Download in 2015 & you may have noticed 2000trees is a little bit smaller. Also that was 4 years ago and technology in general has developed a lot since then, particularly regarding cashless systems.
Cashless festivals are now very much the norm in the world, and we are convinced that using this widespread technology will result in a better festival experience for everyone.
The Playpass system does not have any single point of failure. It will sync across the site with all the traders/ bars & what’s more wifi is not required to spend money. If you need to top up your wristband over the weekend, there will be Top Up stations, all of which have their own dedicated (private) wifi network. We’re confident that this dedicated cashless wifi network will work uninterrupted all weekend because it has already proven to be reliable at 2000trees last year. Yes, the public wifi sometimes struggles with the weight of traffic, but this is why we also have a private network for cashless.
The public wifi can be used to top up with your phone in a wifi area if you so wish.
However if you select Auto Top Up now, you won’t have to worry about finding a Top Up station or wifi, it will automatically top up when your wristband gets low. It simply tops up, by the amount you pre-selected on registration, the next time you try to pay for something.
Topping up with cash or cards on site?
8) Yes you can top up with cash or cards at a Top Up station. But why would you want to queue to do that, when you can do it in advance? Preload your account now, select Auto Top Up then you don’t have to worry about topping up once you’re on site.
What about refunds?
9) No problem! You can get all your unspent money refunded, by clicking on the playpass link which we’ll send out after the festival. Yes there’s a £1 charge to do this. This is because humans need to process these refunds & unfortnately humans cost money. You will be able to request a refund from the Tuesday after 2000trees until 31st July 2019. To get the unspent money back it’s really important that you keep your wristband, or take a note of the number printed on the back of it – you need to enter this in to the web portal so your wristband (and therefore the money left on it) can be identified. PLEASE DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR WRISTBAND BEFORE YOU CLAIM YOUR MONEY BACK OR MAKING A NOTE OF THE WRISTBAND NUMBER, OTHERWISE YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
10) Yep, you got it! It really helps to take the strain off the top-up stations, and therefore keep queues to a minimum, if as many people as possible add money to their wristbands before arriving at the festival. It makes everyone’s experience better, so we want to give you a nudge in the right direction and give you a few beers on us for helping out. Therefore , everyone who tops up £100 or more pre-event will get 10% of the amount they add to their account as free additional spending money*, on us, or a merch bundle worth £35 if you top up £250.
In all seriousness, we massively appreciate how much you love 2000trees & the last thing we want to do is upset even a single one of you. That said, we’re super confident that this will revolutionise festivals of the future & we’re super duper confident that it will be a massive success at 2000trees, otherwise we wouldn’t have signed up for it.
Our final bit of advice is…
1) Register now (link below)
2) Put some money on your account before the festival &
3) Select Auto Top Up so you won’t need to worry about topping up or running out of cash.
This way you won’t have to queue at a Top Up station & you can just keep the party in full swing all weekend long.
Any other questions please feel free to hit reply to this email & we’ll try and help you out.
See here for more in depth FAQs
READ THIS FIRST – https://www.twothousandtreesfestival.co.uk/cashless/
1) About Playpass Cashless RFID System
2) Customer service enquiries
3) What is RFID and how does it work?
4) Is it secure?
5) Why Cashless?
6) How do I get started?
7) Do I have to register my personal information to use the system?
8) I have not bought my ticket yet, can I still create my personal account?
9) Someone else bought my ticket, can I still create a personal account?
10) When I try to create my personal account, my ticket number is not recognised. What should I do?
11) How do I get my wristband?
12) Adding credit to the wristband tag
13) Purchasing food, beverages, merchandise and anything else at the festival
14) What if the vendor charges me the wrong amount?
15) How can I check the credit balance on my wristband?
16) What happens if my RFID wristband gets damaged or lost?
17) How can I get a refund for any credit I don’t spend at the event?
18) Can the technology be used to track my movement?
19) Is the system less convenient for me than using cash?
20) Is the system reliable?
21 ) Having trouble linking your ticket to Playpass?
Playpass Cashless RFID System
At the festival, all transactions are cashless thanks to your RFID wristband. That means all points of sale (bars, food trucks, market stalls and merchandising) will only accept one method of payment: the chip on your wristband.
Cashless is not only easier and faster, but safer too – our system uses military-grade encrypted technology that would take a super-computer 260,658 years to crack, making it more secure than online banking, magnetic strips or contactless credit & debit cards.
And you can claim back all unspent credit after the event.
Customer service enquiries:
For enquiries about using the Playpass Cashless system please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general 2000trees enquiries please contact: email@example.com
What is RFID and how does it work?
RFID stands for radio frequency identification. The technology uses electromagnetic fields to transfer data for the purpose of automatically identifying and tracking tags attached to objects, in this case wristbands. Our cashless system uses RFID to write electronic credits on to your chip when you top up funds and debits them when you buy something.
Is it secure?
There is no risk of money or data theft from the system and, if you lose your wristband, you have not lost your money – it can be instantly transferred to a new wristband if you have registered a personal account.
*For those with an interest in data encryption, our chips use three-key Triple-DES which provides 112 bits of cryptographic strength, equal to 72,057,594,037,927,936 (over 72 quadrillion) possible keys.
1. Due to the many moving parts at a live event, cashless payments is now recognised as the global best practice at festivals around the world.
2. Cashless payments make your festival experience easier, faster and safer.
3. Load your wristband from the get go (online beforehand or when you arrive at the festival), no need to keep your cash or credit card in a tent or locker – your funds are on your wristband, attached to you at all times, making it hassle-free all weekend.
4. The Auto TopUp feature means you don’t have to go anywhere to load more funds when you need them (if you choose this option).
5. If you lose your wristband, we will give you a new wristband and do our best to instantly recover any funds attached to it – you can’t do that with cash!
6. It makes service at the bars and vendors much faster and reduces queues.
7. If you don’t spend all of the money loaded onto your wristband, you can quickly and easily request your money back online after the event – please note there is a £1 processing fee from our payment provider for this service.
How do I get started?
Firstly you need to buy a ticket for the festival – you can’t get started without one. With your MAIN FESTIVAL TICKET ONLY (Not your Wednesday ticket) you can create a personal account before the festival, allowing you to top up credit on your account before and during the festival – you can also set up Auto TopUp and keep track of all your purchases during the festival.
During the festival you can still create an online personal account using your smartphone with the unique ID at the back of your wristband tag.
Do I have to register my personal information to use the system?
No, if you do not want to create a personal account at all, you’re free to remain anonymous. Just walk into the festival and use any top-up booth to add money to your wristband tag. The system will only identify you by your wristband ID number, with no personal data attached. You can still load funds to your wristband using the onsite topup stations and pay with it at any point-of-sale.
Registering a personal account is therefore not mandatory but it is recommended, as it will give you extra benefits including the ability to top up online through your smartphone, enable Auto TopUp, track your purchase history, redeem special incentives which could provide additional free credit and more easily replace your wristband with the balance intact if it gets lost.
It is not necessary to register a personal account in order to reclaim your unspent funds after the event – you can still do this as an anonymous user.
I have not bought my ticket yet, can I still create my personal account?
No, to create a cashless personal account you must be in possession of a valid ticket ID number – PLEASE USE YOUR MAIN TICKET ONLY (Not your Wednesday entry one). This number is required to transfer your credit to your RFID wristband when you receive it at the Wristband Exchange when you arrive at the festival.
Someone else bought my ticket, can I still create a personal account?
Yes, this is not a problem. Just make sure you enter the ticket number of the ticket you will be carrying to enter the festival, and your personal account will be linked to your wristband.
When I try to create my personal account, my ticket number is not recognised. What should I do?
First, double-check that the number you are typing is definitely the ticket number of your main ticket (do not use your Wednesday ticket). Tickets can carry a lot of different information on them.
Then, if you have just bought your ticket, it is possible that your ticket number is still not yet known inside the cashless system. Try again in 24 hours.
If it still doesn’t work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the issue will be resolved promptly.
How do I get my wristband?
There are no fees associated with wristband activation.
Your RFID wristband will be issued to you on arrival at the festival in exchange for your valid ticket. At that moment all benefits and credit already linked to your ticket via your personal account will be automatically transferred to your wristband.
You can also choose not to create a personal account before the festival and just walk in. Your wristband is then activated but not linked to a personal account. You can load credit to the wristband inside the festival by visiting a top-up station.
Adding credit to the wristband tag
You can add funds at any time online with a credit or debit card, using a smartphone, tablet or computer via your online personal account. If you have a personal account, you can also enable ‘Auto TopUp’ which allows you to automatically top up funds whilst making a purchase at the event, if your balance is too low to complete the payment. This way you never need to visit a top-up station or make an online card transaction to reload funds, giving you more time to enjoy the event. While at the festival, you will also be able to add funds using cash or credit/debit card by visiting one of the top-up stations.
Note – we will not have ATM cash machines on site during the event.
Purchasing food, beverages, merchandise and anything else at the festival
To make a purchase, check the sale amount displayed on the vendor’s terminal and tap your wristband on it. The purchased amount will be automatically and instantly debited from your credit balance on your chip. If you have a personal account, the purchase will appear in your transaction history as soon as the transaction has synchronised with our online account platform over the internet. It is possible that some vendors will not be connected to the internet, in which case the transaction may not appear in your history until shortly after the event.
What if the vendor charges me the wrong amount?
Just as with a cash transaction, if you think you have been charged an incorrect amount after having made a purchase, tell the vendor immediately and they will be able to correct it.
How can I check the credit balance on my wristband?
You can check your remaining balance at any time during the event by tapping your wristband at any point of sale terminal. Immediately after every transaction, the reader will indicate how much credit you have left. If you missed it, ask the bartender/vendor to show you your remaining balance.
If you have created an online personal account, you can also login to your account to check your balance. When doing this, always be aware that it is possible that some transactions may have not yet been synchronised over the internet to update the online account platform. This may cause temporary differences between the balance shown online and the one you see by tapping your wristband (which is always your correct ‘live’ balance).
What happens if my RFID wristband gets damaged or lost?
If the fabric of the wristband becomes unusable, just visit the customer support point (near the Wristband Exchange entrance) where staff will be able to quickly and easily re-issue you a new wristband, with your remaining balance intact. This does not require registering a personal account.
If the RFID chip becomes damaged please bring it to us and we will issue you with a new one and do our best to instantly recover any funds attached to it, although in some cases – depending on the extent of the damage – this may not be possible until after the event.
If your wristband is stolen please report it at the customer service point immediately, where we will be able to block it and issue you with a new one. As above, we will do all we can to restore your balance, but this may not be possible until after the event.
Please be aware that it is your duty to take care of your wristband and that the festival cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft.
How can I get a refund for any credit I don’t spend at the event?
Reclaiming unspent funds is a quick and easy process. You will need your wristband ID number so make sure you keep hold of this. PLEASE DO NOT THROW AWAY YOUR WRISTBAND WITHOUT NOTING DOWN THE WRISTBAND ID NUMBER BEFORE YOU HAVE RECLAIMED YOUR UNSPENT FUNDS.
Just log-on to the event website any time between 9am on Tuesday 16th July and 5pm on Wednesday 31st July 2019 and you will be directed to the refund request page, where you will be prompted to enter your wristband ID number for identification. You will see your remaining balance and can reclaim all of it – please note there is a £1 processing fee from our payment provider for this service.
Now just enter the bank details for the account you would like your refund to be collected in, and the funds will be transferred within a few days.
Can the technology be used to track my movements?
No, it cannot. The wristbands we use can only be detected from a few centimetres away and are not equipped with any GPS technology so therefore it will be impossible to track your movements.
Is the system less convenient for me than using cash?
No way! Cashless offers far greater customer convenience, removing the need to bring and carry cash or queue at expensive ATM’s, as well as providing many other benefits such as keeping a record of all your purchases and enabling you to benefit from incentives and rewards. It also deters thieves and criminal elements making the event safer as well as more enjoyable.
Is the system reliable?
Of course. The system we use is designed to be fail-safe, able to operate without internet or power and has been used flawlessly at hundreds of events around the world. It was built to have no central point of failure. This means that the worst case scenario is that an individual scanning device (such as a payment terminal on a bar) or wristband becomes damaged or lost. In both instances, they can be very quickly replaced on-site, ensuring continuous service throughout the event.
Having trouble linking your ticket to Playpass?
*Complimentary spending money will only be available on your wristband once the initial top up sum has been spent, and is not redeemable as unspent funds.
Competition prize of free spending money all weekend is limited to a maximum spend of £100 per day. This does not apply to anyone else spending their own hard earned money. You are of course welcome to buy as many beers & burritos as you like. We’re not here to judge!
Here you will find information on what volunteer positions we have available, what duties you will be asked to perform, the benefits of being a part of the stewarding and volunteer team, and details of how to apply.
Applications open in February each year.
1 Traffic Team
2 Site Stewarding Team
3 Sunday Breakdown Team
What Work is Involved?
Specific roles include:
– Monitoring campsites to ensure that roadways and pathways remain open.
– Working with the security team to monitor stage capacity and crowd behaviour.
– Manning various road crossings to ensure that pedestrians are stopped when vehicles are moving along the roads.
– Manning wristband checking points.
– Assisting other areas of the festival as required.
– You will work a 4 hour shift each day (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
– You will need to arrive on site by 10pm on Wednesday 8th July
As well as free entry to the festival, for each shift you work you will receive a sandwich and a drink.
When you arrive on Wednesday afternoon, we’ll lay on some food and drinks to help you settle in to the site, and get to know everyone after the briefings have finished.
As a site steward you will be given access to camp in the VIP backstage area of the site, which also gets you in to our exclusive VIP bar, where you can avoid the crowds, and rub shoulders with the bands.
You will be assigned to one of four teams, A, B, C, and D. The times each of these teams will be working are as follows:
|8am to 12pm||A||B||D|
|12pm to 4pm||B||A||C|
|4pm to 8pm||C||D||B|
|8pm to 12am||D||C||A|
You will be allocated to a team when you arrive on site.
Specific Roles include:
– Taking down and packing away tents and marquees.
– Taking down fencing and fencing covers.
– Taking down and packing away site decoration pieces – e.g. large heavy sculptures.
– Collecting and packing away site stake markers.
– Stripping bar decorations, and moving (very heavy) bars to storage barns.
– Collecting and moving tables and chairs from across the site.
– You will be expected to work from 10am to 6pm.
– For SUNDAY STEWARDS ONLY A refundable cash deposit of £150 is payable on arrival at the festival site.
– All you then need to do is to turn up to the festival, enjoy yourself, and then report to festival reception at 10am on Sunday 14th July.
– This deposit will be refunded to you once you have completed your full day of breakdown work.
– If you turn up hungover or otherwise unable to work, you will be sent home, and will not have your deposit returned to you.
Except Sunday Stewards, we do not operate a deposit scheme at 2000trees – we prefer to operate on a relationship of mutual trust, but we do charge a non refundable administration fee of £10 for each application for site stewards that is accepted – we will send you details of this when your application has been accepted.
We understand that plans change, issues arise, and for a variety of events outside of people’s control, you may not be able to come along and be part of the team as you originally planned. This is fine, but please, please, please let us know as far in advance as possible so that we can amend our record accordingly, and in any event by the weekend before the festival.
If you do turn up to the festival site, but do not participate in all of the shifts allocated to you, you will be charged the price of a full price festival ticket, and by proceeding with your application you agree to this charge being made.
Transport to the Festival
Regrettably, we are not at this time able to provide transport to or from the festival site for our volunteer team, and you will therefore have to arrange your own transport. If this situation changes, we will update this page accordingly.
Have you got bar experience and want to get involved at Two Thousand Trees? Volunteer with us and be a part of the team – Just 1 x 8 hour shift is all that’s required in exchange for a complimentary weekend ticket. Apply here for bar staff positions
How to Apply
Applications for all places open in February.
Places are strictly limited, and you can apply for the position of your choice by using the links below.
Further detailed arrival information will be provided at the end of June. Any interim queries should be addressed to email@example.com
Follow the links below to apply.
2000trees is committed to accommodating the needs of stewards with disabilities who wish to join the stewarding team.
– As such, volunteers with a disability are able to bring a Personal Assistant, if required, in order to help them be part of the team;
– The use of any Personal Assistant is at the discretion of the individual concerned when on site, and may not be required whilst working, but needed for assistance with travel or free time;
– If a volunteer is bringing a PA to the festival, we recommend that the same person should attend any training session if possible;
– The sustenance arrangements (one drink and one sandwich per shift worked) are also available to the Personal Assistant’s of volunteers;
– 2000trees will endeavour to make all reasonable adjustments required to assist the volunteer in becoming part of the stewarding team;
– Please note: 2000trees is not able to provide Personal Assistants for volunteers – it is the responsibility of the volunteer to source an appropriate person who is aged over 18.
– For more information please see our access information section.
If you’re interested in trading at 2000trees please fill in the following questionnaire & if your stall looks like it might fit in with our existing stalls we’ll send you an application form in due course.
This year we’ve teamed up wth ReverbNation to offer upto 5 artists the chance to secure a festival place.
Entries have now closed and we will be announcing a winner soon.