Here you will find information on what volunteer positions we have available, what duties you will be asked to perform, the benefits of being a part of the stewarding and volunteer team, and details of how to apply.
Applications open in February each year.
1 Traffic Team
2 Site Stewarding Team
3 Sunday Breakdown Team
What Work is Involved?
- Traffic Team – The Traffic Team is the most important volunteer team on the whole festival site, and is concerned with the smooth flow of traffic in to, through, and back out of the festival site. We are currently reviewing our traffic team recruitment, and more details will be available in February.
- Site Stewarding Team – The Site Stewarding Team carries out a variety of functions across the whole site, with the focus on keeping a watchful eye on the festival guests to help ensure that the festival runs safely and smoothly.
Specific roles include:
– Monitoring campsites to ensure that roadways and pathways remain open.
– Working with the security team to monitor stage capacity and crowd behaviour.
– Manning various road crossings to ensure that pedestrians are stopped when vehicles are moving along the roads.
– Manning wristband checking points.
– Assisting other areas of the festival as required.
– You will work a 4 hour shift each day (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
– You will need to arrive on site by 10pm on Wednesday 10th July
As well as free entry to the festival, for each shift you work you will receive a sandwich and a drink.
When you arrive on Wednesday afternoon, we’ll lay on some food and drinks to help you settle in to the site, and get to know everyone after the briefings have finished.
As a site steward you will be given access to camp in the VIP backstage area of the site, which also gets you in to our exclusive VIP bar, where you can avoid the crowds, and rub shoulders with the bands.
You will be assigned to one of four teams, A, B, C, and D. The times each of these teams will be working are as follows:
|8am to 12pm||A||B||D|
|12pm to 4pm||B||A||C|
|4pm to 8pm||C||D||B|
|8pm to 12am||D||C||A|
You will be allocated to a team when you arrive on site.
- Sunday Breakdown Team – The Sunday Breakdown Team works closely with the festival organisers to start packing the festival away. It is hard physical work, and involves lots of heavy lifting and unglamorous work. However, it does mean that you get to enjoy the whole festival.
Specific Roles include:
– Taking down and packing away tents and marquees.
– Taking down fencing and fencing covers.
– Taking down and packing away site decoration pieces – e.g. large heavy sculptures.
– Collecting and packing away site stake markers.
– Stripping bar decorations, and moving (very heavy) bars to storage barns.
– Collecting and moving tables and chairs from across the site.
– You will be expected to work from 10am to 6pm.
– A refundable cash deposit of £150 is payable on arrival at the festival site.
– All you then need to do is to turn up to the festival, enjoy yourself, and then report to festival reception at 10am on Sunday 14th July.
– This deposit will be refunded to you once you have completed your full day of breakdown work.
– If you turn up hungover or otherwise unable to work, you will be sent home, and will not have your deposit returned to you.
We do not operate a deposit scheme at 2000trees – we prefer to operate on a relationship of mutual trust, but we do charge a non refundable administration fee of £10 for each application for site stewards that is accepted – we will send you details of this when your application has been accepted.
We understand that plans change, issues arise, and for a variety of events outside of people’s control, you may not be able to come along and be part of the team as you originally planned. This is fine, but please, please, please let us know as far in advance as possible so that we can amend our record accordingly, and in any event by the weekend before the festival.
If you do turn up to the festival site, but do not participate in all of the shifts allocated to you, you will be charged the price of a full price festival ticket, and by proceeding with your application you agree to this charge being made.
Transport to the Festival
Regrettably, we are not at this time able to provide transport to or from the festival site for our volunteer team, and you will therefore have to arrange your own transport. If this situation changes, we will update this page accordingly.
Have you got bar experience and want to get involved at Two Thousand Trees? Volunteer with us and be a part of the team – Just 1 x 8 hour shift is all that’s required in exchange for a complimentary weekend ticket. Apply here for bar staff positions
How to Apply
Applications for all places open in February.
Places are strictly limited, and you can apply for the position of your choice by using the links below.
Further detailed arrival information will be provided at the end of June. Any interim queries should be addressed to email@example.com
Follow the links below to apply.
2000trees is committed to accommodating the needs of stewards with disabilities who wish to join the stewarding team.
– As such, volunteers with a disability are able to bring a Personal Assistant, if required, in order to help them be part of the team;
– The use of any Personal Assistant is at the discretion of the individual concerned when on site, and may not be required whilst working, but needed for assistance with travel or free time;
– If a volunteer is bringing a PA to the festival, we recommend that the same person should attend any training session if possible;
– The sustenance arrangements (one drink and one sandwich per shift worked) are also available to the Personal Assistant’s of volunteers;
– 2000trees will endeavour to make all reasonable adjustments required to assist the volunteer in becoming part of the stewarding team;
– Please note: 2000trees is not able to provide Personal Assistants for volunteers – it is the responsibility of the volunteer to source an appropriate person who is aged over 18.
– For more information please see our access information section.